Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Dorpon (Online Boutique)

I was wondering what I would write on my first blog post and here it is. A review on a Facebook "shopping" page (yap, bye bye to the concept of "facebook-is-a-waste-of-time" to welcoming "earn-through-facebook" and blah blah. Technology comes to the rescue... yet again).

Anyways, few months ago I bought a lawn from this page called "Dorpon/দর্পন".



I know, I know the word lawn has already gotten a bit irritating now since it's been going on for quite some time but admit it, it's so comfy to wear! I absolutely love the fabric.And not to mention almost every dress will want to make your wallet cry out loud. Like literally.

 This was the lawn I purchased:
Picture taken from here

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Owner(s) of the page: As far as I know, there are two admins managing this page and I happened to meet the one who (fortunately) lives near my home. Based on the brief meeting with her, she seemed sweet and friendly and will make you wanna be best friends forever. Too much?? Gahhh blame the fever (I had at that time) for so much emotions.

Packaging: They provided it in a brown bag where the lawn was neatly folded in a plastic bag along with their shops' tag in it.



Buying method: Although they have mentioned some processes of buying the product (check their "About" section) but I simply sent a message posting the link of the desired dress and asking the pick up point and bought it. They also give you the opportunity to look before buying but I skipped that part as I was too tired and sick and lazy to walk few more distance (don't do that).



 Dress: Loved it! It looked even more beautiful in person than in the photo since the camera does not always pick the color properly. So far the quality looks good. Price is okay. Reasonable at some point.

Front

Front










Backside

FINAL VERDICT:
Yes I will repurchase from this page (maybe not now since I have tons of lawns in my wardrobe already).
 
TALK SOME SENSE INTO:
Buying dresses online isn't the best choice to make. Either the size isn't the right or the color looks completely different or the quality is rubbish or there's a slight defect that will caught your eyes after making it, etc. There's no ending to it. Most page owners will fail to give you the opportunity to see before buying and if it doesn't meet up your expectation then you can't do anything about it since the risk is ALL yours. Really.
So when buying products, especially dresses, buy them in person. DO NOT go for courier. But if the page is well known (check for reviews/ratings/comments) then it is okay but it would not hurt to be careful innit?






Disclaimer:  The lawn was purchased by me. These are my own, honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment